The Joy Project was born two summers ago.
It began as mental lists I would curate while picking strawberries in our garden, and blossomed into lists in the notes on my phone or in my journals. Just simple little things in day to day life that I found great joy in.
You may remember my “Monthly Loves” series – well I’d like to introduce you to my new rendition of it. 🙂 Just a short list of things that I’m finding joy in. This may become a monthly series, it may not, we’ll see how it goes!
So, here is where I am finding joy lately –
- First and foremost, in the Lord, who is the Author and Perfecter of joy. The ultimate source. The more time I spend with Him, the more I learn and grow closer, the more abundantly my joy increases. He enables me to see the joy in every mundane situation – I sure do love it.
- Days spent out in the garden. These are few and far between lately, as cooler weather comes upon us. But I love being out there. Barefoot with the soil between my toes, watching my sunflowers grow and picking strawberries and smelling our rows of wildflowers.
- Wedding planning. Dreaming about our future and our marriage and beginning a home together. It gives me butterflies every time I think about it. This season of life has been so beautiful already and I look forward to every new adventure that it will continue to bring.
- Learning new skills. This month I picked up new art supplies and I have just really enjoyed learning how to use them. It’s out of my comfort zone but has been so soothing and fulfilling at the same time.
- Doing things with my mom. This season of life has brought so many opportunities to spend time with her -from living at home to spending time in the kitchen together, I truly cherish every moment.
So there you have it – just a little snippet of what is filling my heart with joy lately. I hope the first half of your September has also been filled with little moments of joy!